I partnered with Bears for Humanity in exchange for sharing my honest opinion.
Can a teddy bear change the world? It may seem silly to think that a stuffed bear can make a difference but a company called Bears for Humanity is hoping for just that. They set out to not only develop the perfect teddy bear but also help the millions of children today who experience the hardships of loss and poverty. In the United States alone there are 3 million children living below the poverty line, 1 million in foster care, and nearly half a million children without permanent homes.
How Bears for Humanity makes a difference?
- For every bear sold, one bear is donated to a needy child through the network of giving partners
- Only 100% GOTS (Global Organic Textile Standard) Certified Organic materials are used bought directly from co-op organic farmers
- Global Fair Trade practices are ensured while employing women from Welfare-to-Work programs right here in the United States. This helps single mothers and at-risk women develop hands on skills during their on-the-job training.
- Packaged using recycled boxes
- The stuffing is made from chemical and pesticide-free, and heavy-metal-free repurposed plastics in conjunction with Oceana to help remove plastic water bottles and lids from the ocean and protect sea turtles and other sea animals.
I got the chance to check out a few of the Bears for Humanity plushes and they are absolutely adorable. From the amazingly soft fabric to the care that I can imagine went into each one, they are perfect plushes for any child to love. I think though the mission behind them is what makes these products really stand out. I love that the company donates one for each one sold, it is a great way for consumers to make a difference just by shopping as they normally would. I actually am going to keep Bears for Humanity in mind for baby shower and new baby gifts as they make a great gift for both the baby and child in need.
SHOP: Check out the Bears for Humanity website to start shopping for these adorable plushes and through the end of August get free shipping with the code: FREESHIPPING4MOM