Disclosure: I’m a PediaSure Fridgworthy sponsored blog partner, but all opinions are my own. Please see below for additional disclosure:
My first son was born at only 6 pounds and had issues gaining weight. Back then I was told different things by different people, from nurses to our pediatrician to other moms, everyone had their opinion. No one though could tell me why something was better than something else. I wish I knew back then what I know now about PediaSure. While PediaSure wouldn’t have helped him when he was an infant, it would have been great to use when he was 1 years old. PediaSure is a company that is clinically proven to help kids grow (Studied in children at risk for malnutrition.) PediaSure provides essential nutrients in an optimal blend of proteins (a unique patented combination), carbohydrates and lipids that allows for enhanced digestion and metabolization of essential vitamins and minerals. Basically it provides kids with complete balanced nutrition.
Whether your child is at or above the ‘normal’ growth curve and your looking for a nutritional solution for maximum cognitive and emotional benefits or your child needs some extra help getting a balanced diet, PediaSure is something that can help. Kids these days have many more expectations of them and challenges and I am all for anything that can help give my child the boost they need in a safe way. My kids now are ages 7, 6, and 3 and they honestly are terrible eaters. One doesn’t like fruit, another doesn’t vegetables and my third is in between. I never add up to see if they are getting the right amount of fruit, veggies, grains or so forth, heck I am happy if they eat at all!
PediaSure is something I can use as a mom to help cover my bases. With 25 essential vitamins and minerals as well as different varieties, it makes it an easy choice for moms. Its something I can read the label and see what my kids are getting and know that I can feel good giving to them.
Here are the different varieties of PediaSure:
- Clinically proven for weight gain for children ages 1 to 12. Includes 25 essential vitamins and minerals, including DHA Omega-3 for brain and eye health and antioxidants to support the immune system.
- Has all the nutrition of original PediaSure® with fewer calories and less fat. It has 35 percent less calories (150 vs 240) for PediaSure SideKicks vs PediaSure per 8 fl oz serving and 40 percent less fat (5 vs 9 g) for PediaSure SideKicks vs PediaSure per 8 fl oz serving. Perfect for kids who are growing fine but missing nutrients. It is also gluten-free and suitable for lactose intolerance.
PediaSure® 1.5 Cal and PediaSure® 1.5 Cal with Fiber
- Has a higher caloric density product designed to meet the energy requirements of pediatric patients who are at risk for malnutrition, require a higher caloric density or have fluid restrictions. It provides a source of complete, balanced nutrition® for children 1 to 13 years of age. It is an excellent source of high-quality protein designed to meet the acceptable macronutrient distribution range of protein.
PediaSure® Enteral Formula 1.0 Cal
- Is especially designed for the tube feeding of children 1 to 13 years of age. Meets or exceeds 100% of the DRIs for protein and 25 essential vitamins and minerals for children 1 to 8 years of age in 1000 mL, and for children 9 to 13 years of age in 1500 mL.
PediaSure® Shake Mix
- Has 26 essential vitamins & minerals and12 grams of protein when mixed with 3/4 cup 1 percent milk.
PediaSure® Peptide 1.0 Cal and PediaSure® Peptide 1.5 Cal
- Is a nutritionally complete, peptide-based formula for the nutritional needs of children ages 1-13 years with malabsorption, mal-digestion, and other GI conditions. It is designed to help support tolerance and absorption: Hydrolyzed whey-dominant protein. Nutraflora® scFOS®* prebiotic. Structured lipids.
I would think most kids would fall in the PediaSure or PediaSure Sidekicks® category, but if not there are other PediaSure options available. I know when I have mentioned to other moms about PediaSure they assumed it was just for helping kids gain weight and while it can be, it has other purposes. For the everyday kid running around, growing as they should, PediaSure Sidekicks® would be a perfect solution for helping cover the nutrients they may be missing out on. The drinks even come in different flavors including Vanilla, Chocolate, Strawberry, Banana, Berry, and Tropical Fruit – depending on which variety you choose.
Have questions about kids nutrition? How do you make sure your child is covered?
PediaSure partnered with bloggers such as me for its PediaSure Fridgworthy blogger program. As part of this program, I received compensation for my time. PediaSure believes that consumers and bloggers are free to form their own opinions and share them in their own words. PediaSure’s policies align with WOMMA Ethics Code, Federal Trade Commission (FTC) guidelines and social media engagement recommendations.