Angelina Ballerina: Love to Dance
Released: August 31, 2010
From: Lionsgate / HIT Entertainment
Run Time: 62 Minutes
Put on your dancing shoes and get ready to take center stage with Angelina Ballerina! On Angelina’s first day at Camembert Academy she discovers new forms of music and dance, like jazz, tap and hip hop, and meets new friends who have their own unique rhythm. Together with her friends new and old, like best friend Alice and the new Hip-Hop Kid AZ, Angelina realizes that becoming a prima ballerina requires collaboration and compromise, but that doesn’t mean it can’t be fun! Get ready to step, leap and groove as you discover your own love of dance in these fun-filled episodes!
- “Angelina’s New School” – Angelina is excited, yet nervous, about her first day of school at Camembert Academy. When she finds her new classmates proficient in other styles of dance, she tries to copy their moves – without success. Angelina soon discovers that when she’s true to her own style of dance – ballet – she excels, and soon understands that everyone is different, and different is good.
- “Angelina’s Dance Partner” – Angelina is ecstatic to have the opportunity to dance with her best friend, Alice, at Camembert Academy’s “Dance With a Partner Day.” Angelina likes to choreograph the routine down to the very last detail and Alice is happy to oblige! Unfortunately, when Alice gets the sniffles Angelina must partner with Viki, whose style of improvisation contradicts with Angelina’s style. Angelina learns the importance of collaboration, cooperation and adaptability when working with a partner.
- “Angelina’s Oldest Friend” – Angelina loves her new Camembert Academy friends and also loves her old friend Alice. She expects that both sets of friends will love each other too. Unfortunately, their first encounter is not as smooth as Angelina would have liked so the new and old friends work together to find a new way to play so all can have fun.
- “Angelina’s Sleepover” – Angelina, Viki and Gracie decide to have a sleepover the night before a rehearsal for the big performance, but they do everything except sleep! The next day they are too tired for the morning rehearsal and have to choose between an afternoon rehearsal or attending the annual Silly Hat Carnival, a fun tradition in Mouseland. Angelina and her friends decide to rehearse and learn that being prepared is the best fun of all!
- “Angelina and the Hip Hop Kid” – Angelina is very excited to be directing her very first Hip Hop Show when suddenly her star, AZ, falls and hurts his foot! Who can step into his shoes at the last minute? Marco is the number one choice. However, though he can play Hip Hop music, dancing Hip Hop is another thing. The show is in danger of not going on… unless Angelina can come up with a solution in time!
DVD BONUS FEATURES
· “Angelina Says” Game
· “Get Up and Dance” Music Video
· “I Will Be A Star” Music Video
You can also visit the Angelina Ballerina website for more Angelina fun!
I loved to dance when I was a little girl and secretly inside I still have dancing fever! I thought my sons would whine when I put the Angelina Ballerina DVD on, but they didn’t mind at all. My 3-year-old son actually likes Angelina and her friends and my youngest dances around! The show is about Angelina and her dancing but there are many lessons to be learned such as working together, practicing, obeying rules, and keeping promises.
My neighbor has a 3-year-old daughter and she loves to pretend she is Angelina Ballerina and puts on dance performances for us! I think this new DVD would be great for any child, especially young girls as it is a great show they can relate to and is girly! It is also a long enough DVD that you can watch straight through or break it up with the different episodes.
BUY IT: You can find “Angelina Ballerina: Love to Dance” wherever DVDs are sold or find it at Amazonfor $10.99.
WIN IT: (1) US Winner will receive the DVD “Angelina Ballerina” Love to Dance”
TO ENTER: Leave a comment who you would give this DVD to!
Extra Entries (Only valid after you answer Main Entry above and Please leave a comment for each):
~ Follow me via Google Friend Connect (bottom of site)
~ Subscribe to Mama’s Money Savers
~ Follow Me on Twitter and Tweet this giveaway (You can Tweet daily! – Or hit the TWEET Button at the top of the post!)
DVD #GIVEAWAY: Win the DVD “Angelina Ballerina: Love to Dance!” @mamasmoney (Ends 10/13) http://bit.ly/cINtNj
~ “Like” Mama’s Money Savers on Facebook
~ Follow me via Networked Blogs
~ Blog about this contest or send an email to friends/family and CC:email@example.com
~ Post my blog button on your site
~ STUMBLE or any other social network this giveaway
~ Enter any of my other giveaways or tell me how you heard about this giveaway!
Please leave me a comment for EACH entry. This contest ends October 13, 2010. Thanks everyone and good luck! Also, if you just put a generic comment like “I want to Win” then I will have to disqualify you. This contest is only open to US residents and once per household please.
Mama’s Money Savers Disclosure: I was sent this DVD to review. Please see my Disclosure Policy.