Released: October 19, 2010
ABOUT THE APP:
The Dr. Seuss classic short-story “What Was I Scared Of?” is now available as an eBook for your iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch.
“And there I was! Caught in the Snide!
And in that dreadful place,
Those spooky, empty pants and I
Were standing face to face!”
Perfect for Halloween or any time of year, this story delivers a timeless message about fear and tolerance. The tale begins with a character who repeatedly meets up with an empty pair of pale-green pants. The character is initially afraid of the pants, which are able to stand on their own despite the lack of a wearer. However when he screams for help and the pants also start to cry, he realizes that “They were just as scared as I!” Putting fear in the proper perspective, the empty pants become good friends with the character.
New features only available in this interactive eBook for your iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch include professional narration, background audio and enlarged artwork for each scene. To promote reading in young children, individual words are highlighted as the story is read and words zoom up when pictures are touched. By combining the original text and artwork of Dr. Seuss with features that entertain and promote reading, this e-book appeals to readers of all ages.
Three ways to read this eBook:
- ★ “Read to Me” — listen to the narrated story with words highlighted as they are read
- ★ “Read it Myself” — read the book in its traditional form
- ★ “Auto Play” — plays like a movie, automatically reading and turning pages. Great for younger children!
- ★ Picture / Word association — words zoom up and are spoken when pictures are touched
- ★ Professional audio narration
- ★ Custom background audio for each scene
- ★ Feautures the beautiful, original art of Dr. Seuss
- ★ This ‘Universal App’ is optimized for both iPhone4 and iPad
I never heard of this Dr. Seuss book story before, but it is classic Dr. Seuss. The story is full of rhyming and fun, but perfect for kids! The story is about being a friend with someone (or something) that is different. I love that you can tap anywhere on the screen and it says what it is like “moon,” “Snide” and more! It is cute how the story ends and I could actually listen to it over and over. It is also illustrated just like the classic Dr. Seuss books which is pretty neat!
BUY IT: You can buy What was I Scared of? – Dr. Seuss for your iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad for $1.99
Mama’s Money Savers Disclosure: I received this App to review but the opinion remains my own. Please see my Disclosure Policy.