From Kraft Recipes:
Sweet Potato Crisp
- • 1 pkg. (8 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
- • 1 can (40 oz.) cut sweet potatoes, drained
- • 3/4 cup packed brown sugar, divided
- • 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- • 1 Granny Smith apple, chopped
- • 2/3 cup chopped cranberries
- • 1/2 cup flour
- • 1/2 cup old-fashioned or quick-cooking oats, uncooked
- • 1/3 cup cold butter or margarine
- • 1/4 cup chopped PLANTERS Pecans
- HEAT oven to 350°F.
- BEAT cream cheese, potatoes, 1/4 cup sugar and cinnamon with mixer until well blended. Spoon into 1-1/2-qt. casserole; top with fruit.
- COOK for 35-40 mins.
(I use my Kitchenaid mixer for this)
MIX flour, oats and remaining sugar in medium bowl; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in nuts. Sprinkle over fruit.
(I buy whatever dried berries I can find, these ones are from Aldi)
(Topped with dry mixture and apples, ready to be baked!)
BAKE 35 to 40 min. or until heated through.
I have been making Sweet Potato Crisp for years now and it is always a hit. I will say that if you are against canned sweet potatoes (yams) don’t let that stop you from making this, no one can tell! I also improvise and use what ever apple, dried berries, and cream cheese brand I have on hand. For bigger dinners, I will usually double this recipe and put it in a 9×13 pan. It is like a creamy sweet potato dish and feel free to use as much apples, Cinnamon and nuts as you’d like. Since my little guy has a peanut allergy, I don’t make it with nuts anymore, and it tastes just as good!