There are tons of WordPress plugins out there and I have tried a bunch, but here are the ones I have found to be the most helpful for me and my blog:
- Protects your blog from comment and trackback spam.
Broken Link Checker:
- Checks your blog for broken links and missing images and notifies you on the dashboard.
Comment Reply Notification:
- Allows you to reply to a comment and sends an e-mail to the commentor. I like this because sometimes I want to reply to someone and this makes it easy to have a conversation thread with them.
Contact Form 7:
- Simple contact form I use on my Contact page.
- This is the widget I have on my sidebar that advertises my blog giveaways. It is the only plugin I paid for ($15) but well worth it!
Google Analytics for WordPress:
- Adds Google Analytics to your blog. I admit I haven’t done much with this but I wanted it there so when I have time its already tracking!
Google XML Sitemaps:
- Okay so I can’t remember why I added this one and I don’t do anything with it, but it says it will help search engines (like Google, Yahoo, Bing…) better index your blog.
Greg’s Threaded Comment Numbering:
- Numbers my comments. Especially nice if you are not using Rafflecopter and need to pick winners for giveaways.
- My host (Hostgator) suggested I add this to make my website load faster.
Official StatCounter Plugin:
- Again I don’t really check this out but on occasion it is nice to see this and track it.
Social Sharing Toolkit:
- Allows me to use a social media plugins in each post and on my sidebar. Easy to add in my links and customize.
ZipList Recipe Plugin:
- Allows me to add recipes easily and organized!
Any plugins you want to share?