Char Crust dry-rub seasonings consist of premium herb blends, spices and other natural ingredients that can be rubbed onto uncooked meat or fish, or sprinkled over raw vegetables then broiled, baked, grilled, pan-seared, roasted, or sautéed.
Some things about Char Crust:
- One of very few certified kosher rubs on market
- Most of the rubs have moderate amounts of sodium and one is actually low sodium
- The rubs are made by hand using only the best herbs and spices
There are four varieties available:
- Roasted Garlic Peppercorn features the robust flavor of roasted garlic and onions with the zing of peppercorns and a hint of Worcestershire and lavender. Its versatility has made it a best seller. It complements steaks, lamb, seafood, pork, poultry, and potatoes.
- Ginger Teriyaki is a balance of sweet teriyaki, fragrant ginger, plus a tingly touch of wasabi that lends a new dimension and creates a modern teriyaki interpretation. It complements chicken, fish, and steak.
- Amazin’ Cajun is a spicy-sweet blend of piquant cayenne pepper, onion, garlic, oregano and a mélange of other Mardi Gras flavors. It brings the sublime heat of New Orleans to catfish, chicken, shrimp, and even “dirty” rice.
- All American Barbecue takes the best flavors of American barbecue and blends them into a tangy-sweet, slightly spicy rub. It has rich molasses from Memphis, tangy tomato from Kansas City, mustard, pepper and vinegar from the Carolinas, plus a wisp of smoke from Texas.
Okay so I am a huge seasoning and condiment person, I just love changing up my favorite foods. Yes I know the saying that a good meat is good alone, but I think with a good seasoning you can really bring out the flavor. I cannot say enough good things about Char Crust! I have tried all four flavors and they are amazing! So far I have tried the seasonings on tilapia, hamburgers, steak, and chicken. I can’t wait to try it out on vegetables next!
I can’t really explain the taste other than to say its delicious! Char Crust forms a slight crust around the food sealing in the juices and giving it a rich flavor. It does look maybe burned after its cooked but its actually just the seasoning seared into the food, I promise its not actually burned! The seasonings come in 4 ounce boxes that you can use as much or little as you’d like, just sprinkle on! For someone like me who is not creative in the kitchen and can’t come up with which spices work well together, Char Crust makes it easy for me to be a chef in the kitchen!
BUY IT: Char Crust dry-rubs can be purchased for $5.49 a box direct through Char Crust or check their “Find Stores” link to find a store in your area that carries them.
WIN IT: (1) US winner will receive four 4 oz boxes of all the Char Crust dry-rub seasonings
Mom and More Disclosure: I was sent these products to review in exchange for my honest opinion. Please see my Disclosure Policy.