- 1 Large Boneless Pork Roast (or Pork Loin)
- 1 package of Au jus (dry seasoning mix)
- 1 Cup of your favorite BBQ Sauce
- Additional BBQ Sauce after it’s done cooking
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Garlic powder, onion powder to taste
- Trim away as much fat from the Pork Loin or Boneless Roast as you can possibly remove.
- Brown well on both sides on top of your stove. (This is for color and to get the juices flowing from the roast)
- Season well with Salt, Pepper, onion powder, and Garlic
- Once the pork loin is browned well, place it in your slow Cooker. Add water to the pot, but leave 2 inches of the roast uncovered. (It was like 2 cups for me, depends on the size of your roast)
- Add the package of Au jus to the water. With a fork, mix the contents in well.
- Now take 1 cup of your favorite BBQ Sauce, and mix that into the water/au jus mixture.
- Cover with the lid, and allow to cook until it’s fork tender.
- Cook Medium/Low heat for 6-8 hours. (Every Slow Cooker is different but when it starts falling apart and is tender you'll know its ready)
- I also cut mine apart the last hour to really soak in the juices, but you don't have to.
- Save the juice for any leftovers to store in the refrigerator and heat it back up in.
First I browned it on the stove for a few minutes:
Browned and now seasoned in the crock pot
Topped with bbq sauce for cooking
Recipe adapted from Get Off Your Butt and Bake