Brocolli Cheese Soup
- 4 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh broccoli
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 sliced carrot
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- Melt 4 tablespoons butter in over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, carrot, salt and pepper and saute until onion is translucent, about 6 minutes.
- Add the flour and cook for 1 minute, until the flour reaches a blonde color.
- Add stock and bring to boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and add broccoli.Simmer uncovered until broccoli is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Pour in milk and cheese. Stir to combine and melt.
Recipe adapted from Katrina Runs for Food