D-Link MovieNite Plus is a streaming media player for the latest movies and TV shows from VUDU and Netflix, listen to Internet radio from Pandora, and view your favorite photos all on your big screen TV. You can also view live video from your D-Link Cloud Camera on your TV using the mydlink app. If you have more than one Cloud Camera you can view up to four cameras on your TV using the mydlink + app – freeing up your computer and mobile device.
In my house my kids destroy DVDs. Its crazy how right out of the box it seems to get scratched or they pick it up and it gets scratched. I am all about streaming our media as much as possible and the D-Link MovieNite Plus has that and then some!
What makes the MovieNitePlus stand out to me is the ability to check on my kids on television since we also have the D-Link Cloud Camera in their room. Normally we would check on them through the iPhone app or on the D-Link website, but it is pretty nice to just change the channel and see them, especially if I don’t have the computer or iPhone handy.
Now if you don’t have the D-Link Cloud Camera, it is still a great media streaming device, the Camera feed is just an add-on. So installing the MovieNite Plus was very easy to set-up but I would recommend a HDMI cable which is not included – you do get tradtional component cables. So plugging it in is easy, then you have to set it up to your wireless network.
What’s available on MovieNite Plus:
- Vudu Movie and Apps
- MovieNite Apps
- Pandora music
- Picasa photos
- Being able to pair with a device for YouTube
- I paired our KindleFire with the MovieNite Plus and was able to click YouTube videos on my Kindle that came up on the television. Yes you could do this with the remote, but it was just easier to click as I normally would on my device. This works with phones and tablets too!
- Vudu – can’t believe I never heard of this before
- New releases the day they come to DVD
- Pay for what you watch (no subscriptions or late fees.)
- The most HD movies on demand
- HD quality and Digital Surround Sound
- Buy a DVD that has a free UltraViolet Disc and watch it free through Vudu
- Convert old DVDs to your online Vudu account
- One-time movie rentals range from $.99 to $5.99
- MovieNite Apps – so many to choose from but here are a few:
- National Lampoon humor clips
- Etsy how to videos
- Ted Talks
- The White House
- World Poker Tour Highlights
Overall, we are loving the D-Link MovieNite Plus. I did have an initial problem as I first had to set up the Wifi and do a firmware update (mine kept freezing during the update) but I was able to replace mine with no problem. My new D-Link MovieNite Plus worked perfect from the get go, my first must have been a fluke.
BUY IT: Look for the D-Link MovieNite Plus wherever electronics are sold such as Amazon, B&H, Buy.com, Circuit City for a retail price of $79-$99
WIN IT: (1) US winner will receive the D-Link MovieNite Plus ($100 value)