Did you know that 92% of moms active in social media are buying products as a result of a social media recommendations? Child’s Play Communications conducted the survey and I completely agree. Even though I have my blog, I am constantly reading other blogs and while I also follow other social media channels, I trust bloggers. Blog posts with pictures, video, links, pros/cons just give me a sense of how the products truly are and I find that other bloggers are usually moms too, which adds to why I read them!
Here are some of the questions from the Child’s Play Communications Survey which reached out to 1200 moms throughout social media:
- What social media platforms do moms currently favor?
- How has that changed?
- What social media platforms are impacting purchasing decisions?
- What products are moms buying as a result of social media recommendations?
Among the study’s findings:
- Facebook, Twitter and blogs were the three most popular social media platforms among moms surveyed
- Pinterest was the platform that most moms (63 percent) tried for the first time this year
- Instagram topped the list of technologies moms (28 percent) were likely to try next
- Polyvore and Olioboard were among the new services these early adopters were exploring
- Moms are spending more time on Facebook than in the past (64 percent of moms) and less time on Twitter (33 percent)
- Of all social media platforms, blogs impacted moms’ purchasing decisions more than any other (80 percent)
- Toys were the No. 1 kids’ product purchased by moms as a result of social media recommendations
You can read more here on the article: How Moms Are Using Social Media RIGHT NOW
Do you agree that social media has affected how you shop?