Easy Not-So Creamed Corn
- 2 Tbsp. Country Crock Spread, divided
- 3 cups frozen whole kernel corn
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 2 tsp. all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup Milk
- Melt 1 tablespoon Country Crock Spread in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat and cook frozen corn, stirring frequently, until almost tender, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in green onion and cook 1 minute.
- Combine Milk, 1 tablespoon Country Crock with flour in small cup. Stir into skillet and cook, stirring frequently, until slightly thickened, about 1 minute.
- Don't thaw your corn.
- I don't like my corn mushy so I don't cook it too long and it stays a little crunchy.
- This is not soupy at all. I used to hate creamed corn because it was like soup with corn in it but this recipe makes it more of a thick sauce with corn. The green onions give it a sweet flavor too.
I mixed Milk, 1 tablespoon Country Crock with flour in small cup.
Recipe adapted from Country Crock