Okay so yes these brownies have an avocado in them. I substituted the vegetable oil for an avocado for a healthier, lighter and moister brownie. They are incredible and I honestly won’t go back to making them without an avocado in the future. My family couldn’t tell the difference at all and we ate them all in one sitting This makes a small 9×9 pan worth, but if you want to make a lasagna pan size worth then you probably want to double the recipe.
Brownies with a Secret Avocado
- 1 California Avocado
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts(optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9x9 inch baking pan.
- In a bowl, mix together the avocado, sugar, and vanilla. Beat in eggs. Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt until well blended. Stir in walnuts, if desired. Spread the batter evenly into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until you can stick a fork in and pull it out with no brownie mix on it. Dust with powdered sugar if you’d like.
Yes, they are green for a little bit:
Then they look like this after you mix in the cocoa: