- 4 potatoes
- 2 cups pearl onions, peeled
- 1 (2 lb.) boneless beef chuck or blade roast
- 1/2 cup Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley (I used dry but you could use fresh)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Carrots (Optional)
- PLACE all ingredients in slow cooker; cover with lid.
- COOK on LOW 8 to 9 hours (or HIGH 6 to 7 hours).
- TRANSFER meat to cutting board and cut across the grain into thin slices. Place on platter; surround with vegetables. Skim fat from sauce; discard fat. Drizzle sauce over meat and vegetables.
I initially made this and froze all the ingredients together while I was getting a bunch of meals prepared. When we wanted it, I took it out of the freezer FROZEN and put it in the crockpot with a little water just to cover the bottom. Yes it was frozen when I started cooking it and I had to chisel it to fit it in the crockpot. I think since it was frozen it didn't dry out by cooking it the entire time. If you are using a fresh beef roast then you might want to check it to see if it is drying out. I don't mind it or notice it but others might. This is a perfect meal to make when meat on sale.
This is what Pearl Onions look like, I had no idea!
I put everything in a ziploc bag and froze it. I double bagged it and put this paper in the one bag without the food since my marker wasn’t working on the bag.
My husband preferred it in a bowl with a lot of the beef juice. I liked it on the plate (as seen above) with a spoonful of juice.
Recipe adapted from Kraft