Mediterranean Couscous Salad
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 cup uncooked couscous
- 1 cup cubed tomatoes (about 3 medium - I used Roma tomatoes since they don't have so many seeds)
- 1 whole cubed unpeeled cucumber
- 1/2 cup halved pitted kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions (about 4 medium)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh or 1 tablespoon dried dill weed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- I ended up doubling this recipe since the recipe above only serves about 6 people.
- In 2-quart saucepan, heat broth to boiling. Stir in couscous; remove from heat. Cover; let stand 5 minutes. The broth will absorb into the couscous like magic!
- In large bowl, place tomatoes, cucumber, olives, onions and dill weed. Stir in couscous.
- In small bowl, beat lemon juice, oil and salt until well blended; pour over vegetable mixture and toss.
- Cover; refrigerate 1 hour to blend flavors.
- Just before serving, sprinkle with feta cheese.
Adapted from Betty Crocker