- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 cup uncooked couscous
- 1 cup cubed tomatoes (about 3 medium – I used Roma tomatoes since they don’t have so many seeds)
- 1 whole cubed unpeeled cucumber
- 1/2 cup halved pitted kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions (about 4 medium)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh or 1 tablespoon dried dill weed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
I ended up doubling this recipe since the recipe above only serves about 6 people.
In 2-quart saucepan, heat broth to boiling. Stir in couscous; remove from heat. Cover; let stand 5 minutes. The broth will absorb into the couscous like magic!
In large bowl, place tomatoes, cucumber, olives, onions and dill weed. Stir in couscous.
In small bowl, beat lemon juice, oil and salt until well blended; pour over vegetable mixture and toss.
Cover; refrigerate 1 hour to blend flavors.
Just before serving, sprinkle with feta cheese.
Adapted from Betty Crocker