Disclosure: I was sent this product to review in exchange for my honest opinion.
One of those products that I use with my third child and I wish were around for my other two kids are the baby food pouches. Honestly I love those little pouches of goodness for my daughter, and even my 4 year old wants them! So far I have seen a pretty good selection at the store and while my kids aren’t picky with flavors, I am always looking for new flavors for them. Well Kids Gourmet is a company that has come out with some pretty awesome organic snack pouches called Squoosh.
Squoosh first of all are packaged to appeal to kids with their colorful design and ease of use. They are made with 100% organic pureed fruits and vegetables, which is good for a full serving of fruits and vegetables in every 3.2 oz. pouch. So they are organic and full of fruits and vegetables, anything else? Well they come in four awesome flavors too!
- BeetBerry – banana, apple, beet, blueberry
- OrangoBango – mango, carrot, banana, apple
- SquabbleBerry – apple, blueberry, squash, banana
- Banango – banana, mango, apple, squash
So how do these pouches differ from others?
- Taste – Fresh tasting and delicate blend of flavors.
- Quality – All products start out in Jen, the creators, kitchen, not in a lab or factory. Once the recipe is developed it is then produced, which all the ingrediants were tested ahead of time.
- Allergens – The factories are tested after each run on a microscopic level for remaining allergens and is processed in a nut and egg free factory.
My 22 month old daughter and 4 year old son love these Squoosh pouches. There isn’t a flavor they don’t like and they love that they can eat them on the go, rather than sitting at the table with a spoon and bowl. I love the convenience of keeping them in my purse and not having to carry around spoons, bowls, or have to heat up the food. Just twist off the cap and they are good to go! In case you are worried about BPA, yes they are BPA-free while still maintaining their nutrients and flavors. These pouches are really for kids of all ages, starting probably at around 6 months or so. Perfect for school aged kids too to snack on! The flavors are really though what I love for my kids as they contain both fruits and veggies in such perfect combinations that my kids don’t taste only this or only that. I even read that you can use Squoosh to sneak veggies and fruits into your kids food, like spaghetti sauce!
Some of the other advantages are:
- 50% daily allowance of Vitamin C per pouch
- No Added Sugar
- No Added Salt
Stay Connected with Baby Gourmet:
BUY IT: Squoosh suggested retail price is $6.15 for a 4 pack and is available on amazon.com and select Meijer locations.
WIN IT: (2) US winners will receive two boxes of Squoosh Organic Snack Pouches each (a value of $25 each).
Need help entering a giveaway? Check out my blog post for some help!