I crave potato soup constantly and this is my new favorite because it is a crockpot version! I love the secret ingredient of cream cheese instead of milk and flour which is what I used in the past.
Crockpot Potato and Cheese Soup
- About 5lbs Russet Potatoes, washed and diced. I left the skin on but you could peel them if you’d like.
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 8 teaspoons of minced jarred garlic (or you could of course use fresh)
- 7 cups chicken broth
- 16 oz bar of cream cheese, cut into small pieces
- 1 TBS seasoned salt or all-purpose seasoning
- Shredded Cheese
- Toppings: Bacon, Green Onions, Shredded Cheese
- Add potatoes, onion, garlic, seasoning and chicken broth to slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 6 hours or low for 10 hours.
- About 30 minutes before its done, add cream cheese and some shredded cheese. Stir until well blended.
- Serve and add your own toppings.
Recipe adapted from Frosted Fingers