Recipe: Crockpot Potato and Cheese Soup

I crave potato soup constantly and this is my new favorite because it is a crockpot version!  I love the secret ingredient of cream cheese instead of milk and flour which is what I used in the past.

Crockpot Potato and Cheese Soup

potato soup 4

Ingrediants:

• About 5lbs Russet Potatoes, washed and diced.  I left the skin on but you could peel them if you’d like.
  • 1 yellow onion, diced
  • 8 teaspoons of minced jarred garlic (or you could of course use fresh)
  • 7 cups chicken broth
  • 16 oz bar of cream cheese, cut into small pieces
  • 1 TBS seasoned salt or all-purpose seasoning
  • Shredded Cheese
  • Toppings:  Bacon, Green Onions, Shredded Cheese

Directions:

• Add potatoes, onion, garlic, seasoning and chicken broth to slow cooker.
  • Cook on high for 6 hours or low for 10 hours.
  • About 30 minutes before its done, add cream cheese and some shredded cheese.  Stir until well blended.
  • Serve and add your own toppings.

crockpot loaded potato soup 22

crockpot loaded potato soup 23

crockpot loaded potato soup 24

crockpot loaded potato soup 25

crockpot loaded potato soup 26

crockpot loaded potato soup 27

crockpot loaded potato soup 28

potato soup 1

potato soup 2

Recipe adapted from Frosted Fingers

Speak Your Mind

Comments

1. Cathy Jarolin says:

Your recipe Looks and sounds Delicious! This one I will have to try. My Husband would love it. Thankyou for Sharing! I am going to pin it…

2. RICHARD HICKS says:

I love crockpot recipes. I want to try this on asap!

3. Diana Scholz says:

Yes! My absolute FAAAAAAVORITE soup, thank you for sharing this receipe!!!!!!

4. Potato soup is a given in our home, we make it quite a few times throughout the colder seasons. We change it up with the toppings, each one of us has our favorites, so we usually have a good selection of toppings. And one of my favorite toppings are green onions! They are the best and brighten and freshen up the heavy potato flavor.

5. I love, love, LOVE potato soup! It’s definitely the definition of comfort food in my opinion :)

6. Oh I am so making this!

7. Sandy VanHoey says:

This looks so good that I am going to try it tomorrow. I actually can’t wait and appreciate you sharing this

8. Shannon says:

This looks so good. Thank you for sharing with us.

9. this soup looks so delicious

10. OM heavens this is making me drool.. I used to love potato soup and this looks amazing

11. eleonor says: