Disclosure: I received the product below to review in exchange for sharing my honest opinion.
My husband loves to grill and if he can grill it, he will. A few years ago we were due for another grill and he couldn’t decided on a charcoal or a propane, as both have its advantages. Well being the good wife that I am, I found a great deal on a combo grill that has one side for propane and one side for charcoal. Then though we had the added costs of charcoal, lighter fluid, lighters and so forth. I feel like we were going through those long lighters every few times he grilled and my husband also needed lighter fluid to get the fire going.
Well then came the Bison Airlighter and it reinvented fire for us. What makes the Bison Airlighter so special? Well it is a portable, air-driven lighter that is faster, cleaner and safer for starters. The Airlighter is unlike any other fire lighter I have ever heard of. It runs on a patented technology that combines a high velocity flame with a jet-air-stream so it ignites charcoal instantly. You can start grilling within minutes then. It reduces the amount of fuel needed to get your grill going and it is safer since you don’t have to worry about lighter fluid accidents.
Features of the Bison Airlighter:
- Jets a 4-inch flame to instantly ignite charcoal and wood
- Is a super-heated 2,600 degree flame that can overcome wind, rain and stubborn to light lighters
- Once your wood is ignited, the flame can be turned into a built-in, cool air fan that will deliver powerful airflow to quickly spread flames throughout the pile.
- No more using lighter fluid which could alter the taste of your food
- Can be used indoors and outdoors from fireplaces to grills to campfires
- Adjustable grip handle to make it easy to maneuver
- LED flashlight on the front
- Storage hook can be used as a bottle opener
- The barrel remains cool to the touch at all times
- Integrated battery can be used for 30 minutes or up to 40 barbecue lightings before it requires charging
- Charge it via a standard USB adapter (so yes even in the car you can charge it!)
- The flame runs on butane and will last for 15 minutes of constant burn time, enough to light 40 fires
Overall, my husband loves his new lighter. He has had no problems using it and I think secretly he feels like a master griller when he pulls that out to start a fire. Its easy to use, flexible, efficient and safer. It is costly but for someone who starts a lot of fires it is a good investment. It is also something you can use year-round, I have a feeling we will use it a lot this winter in our fireplace. We will have to eventually buy a new Butane tank but they cost only $6.95 and at least for us we have made it the whole summer with just the one it comes with. The Bison Airlighter would make a great gift too for the men in your life that are hard to shop for, something about fire is just appealing to men!
BUY IT: The Bison Airlighter has an MSRP of $99. To order or for additional information visit www.airlighter.com.
WIN IT: (1) US winner will receive a Bison Airlighter ($100 value)
Need help entering a giveaway? Check out my blog post for some help!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
This Giveaway Ends September 5, 2014.