Cake With No Egg or Oil – Just Add Soda!

Just found this on Facebook, as a mom of a son with egg and nut allergies cakes are definitely a challenge. I usually use Ener-G Egg Replacer but that doesn’t always make the cakes rise like I’d like so we opt for Oreo cookies with frosting.

I am definitely going to be trying this out this summer!

cake no eggs

The recipe calls for using just two ingredients: the cake mix and 1 whole can of soda. No eggs, no oil, no water! Just mix the soda and cake mix and bake as directed! Now some comments I read on this on other sites are that soda is bad for you, and yes you are entitled to your own opinion. As a mom looking for an egg substitute or if you love soda in general then these cakes are definitely ones to check out!

Have you tried it before?

Speak Your Mind

Comments

1. Despite the fact that pop/soda is unhealthy, and it is indeed fact, it doesn’t mean it can’t be consumed… in ANY way (‘in moderation’). Diet is most especially unhealthy. Maybe someday I’ll get corresponding flavors of SodaStream mix to make these cakes. It’d be healthier! …no high fructose corn syrup.

2. Samara Griffith says:

I really really really REALLY want to try this recipe. I love pop and I think this is the coolest idea.

3. DENISE LOW says:

Thanks for sharing. This sounds simple enough.

4. Elizabeth Tarlow says:

Wow, these cakes sound so tasty and better yet, so easy to prepare!! That Sinless Devil’s Food Cake is calling my name 🙂 Thanks for this post!!

5. Pat Schwab says:

This is an interesting recipe. I have mad a recipe with pie filling and angel food cake that was a hit with my family. I am pinning this to try. Thanks

6. Sharon Rooney says:

These sound really good and super easy to make. I love the different cake and soda flavor combinations.

7. Lindsey Beers says:

Also a great way to make an easy vegan dessert! One of my favorites! Great blog! 🙂

8. It seems like anything that taste good is bad for you. I haven’t heard of this before so I wouldn’t mind just trying it! I love cake too much.

9. I did not know that you could do this. It is good to know that a can of soda that I usually have on hand can be used with a box of cake mix to make a cake

10. Elizabeth Fitzmaurice says:

Oh my gosh, I’ve never heard of such a thing. Who’d have thought? I’m definitely trying this.

11. Never thought to add soda! Will try!

12. Never thought to add soda to a cake!

13. denise low says:

This sounds great. Just add soda. Simple enough. Thank you for sharing.

14. This info was very pin-worthy & share worthy!! It could actually save someone’s life! I never heard of cake being made this way, but I sure would like to try – well – all of them! Using this method is also saving money by not having to buy eggs & oil.

15. That is a really cool idea!

16. Jennifer H. says:

I have never heard of this before!

17. Elizabeth H. says:

Was a fascinating read!! This recipe looks absolutely sinful!!

18. wow VERY interesting! Who cares if the soda is bad for you, because uh…. the entire cake is bad for you!

At least it is an option for people like you who are trying to find substitutes.

19. I love this chart of what to mix with what! Looking it over I think I will try the very cherry chip with Dr. Pepper cherry soda first. Then the creamsicle cake with Sunkist.

20. Erica Pallutch says:

This is very neat ! I will have to test it out!

21. Julie Waldron says:

I’ve never tried this but I’ve heard it’s really good. Will have to try it sometime.

22. denise low says:

Thank you for the information. This sounds great. We will have to try it.

23. Lula Ruger says:

This is so interesting i would like to try it but im just wondering how this is possible I am going to try the chocolate root beer float it sounds yummy

24. Thank you for sharing this, I had first heard about soda+ boxed cake mix when I was a vegan and they would make cakes like this using soda and vegan cake mix.

25. I have heard of this combination of soda and cake mix before.Now I’ll have to try it!

26. I am super curious to try this now it sounds like it would be good thanks for sharing this one.

27. Dana Matthews says:

Wow…this sounds easy enough…and variety too!

28. Carol Nine says:

I especially like that there is no egg in this because the price of eggs has been going up and will continue to rise because of the bird flu.

29. Larry Eustice says:

This is very interesting. I would love to try it.

30. Deborah D says:

This looks so good

31. Wow! this is interesting. I will try it very soon. Thanks for sharing

32. Cindy Merrill says:

12 ounces of hard apple cider can be used in either the Spice cake mix or yellow cake mic,- a delicious way to use hard cider! The alcohol evaporates in the cooking so no worries.

33. Carrie Smith says:

I have wanted to try these! I’m not the biggest soda drinker but these look to easy not to at least give a shot.

34. These make baking a cake seem super easy and creative. What kid wouldn’t love cake with their favorite pop in it? What adult wouldn’t?

35. john hutchens says:

awesome I never thought you could make a cake without egg

36. Diane Mania says:

Yes will try this!

37. Sue Hull says:

I just saw this the other day on a pinterest and I thought what a good idea. I’d love to try the Chocolate Root Beer Float. Thank you for sharing. I have to pin this one for sure 🙂

38. Michelle S says:

I haven’t heard of this either – what an interesting idea! I have to grocery shop tomorrow and I may have to try this. The chocolate cake with the diet coke sounds tempting.

39. Debbie Welchert says:

I love this. A cake mix and a can of soda. It can’t get any easier than that. I want to try the Creamsicle cake. Sounds yummy!

40. Elizabeth H. says:

Who would have thought.

41. rochelle haynes says:

This is something i have never heard of like to try this

42. Linda Manns Linneman says:

I can’t imagine this. I am definitely going to give this a try. Thank you so much for sharing

43. Patricia Delgado says:

Is it possible that this would work with diet soda as well?

44. I want to try the ginger spice cake. My husband will love it. He drinks ginger ale all day.

45. Richard Hicks says:

These are great substitutions. Who would have knew!

46. Maryann D. says:

I love this chart. I think that is super if we can substitute a can of soda for the egg and water. I would love to see how the cake comes out.

47. Jennifer Heintz says:

You don’t have to convince me to try this! What a great easy idea. I like the pair ups, but might switch them up a little.

48. This would be perfect for a school treat for kids that have allergies. I will definitely try this.

49. Shakeia Rieux says:

I would love to try these.I’ve had the 7up cake before,i bought itt at WinCo

50. Pamela Gurganus says:

Oh my goodness! Why have I never heard of this before!? This is genius! Thank you so much for sharing!

51. Diane Mania says:

Great idea!!

52. Kelly Nicholson says:

i like this idea…i bet taste good thanks

53. denise low says:

Thank you for the information. We will try this out. No egg or oil that would be good.

54. Catherine Campbell says:

This is so interesting that you can use soda.

55. I too have never heard of baking a cake without eggs or oil!! I pinned the chart above, because you seemed to have paired up the cake mixes with the right kind of soda. Thanks for the idea!

56. Deborah Caudill says:

I have never heard of making a cake without oil or eggs, but I would like to try to make it o.e of these days. My oven died though, so I can’t bake anything until I get a new oven.

57. Lisa Coomer Queen says:

I love this! My daughter is allergic to eggs. I can’t wait to try one! Thanks for sharing.

58. I’ve seen this but never tried it because I never have soda around the house, but I like the idea of no oil. I’ve also read about using a can of pumpkin or unsweetened applesauce with a brownie or cake mixes too. I need to try all three and compare.

59. Trey Smith says:

Nice to know

60. Birdiebee says:

This is very interesting to delete the eggs and oil. I have read about this one other time this summer but not before. I will have to try this out to see if my family notices a difference.

61. Cany wait to try this!

62. (Cake With No Egg or Oil – Just Add Soda!) These all sound so good, I like that you do not have to add the eggs and oil into the batter for these cakes.

63. I have not tried the chocolate cake and root beer but have tried chocolate cake and coke and it came out so moist and delicious!

64. Melissa S says:

I think I am going to try the Purple Cow cake. This infographic would make it a good idea to keep a can of soda in the back of the Pantry for when I run out of eggs. The closest store is 18
    miles from me.

65. denise low says:

We will have to try this out. Thank you for the information.

66. Dandi D says:

This looks really easy and has so many different fun combinations!

67. Diane Mania says:

I must try this

68. Linda Poplees says:

These sound like a delicious idea. I am going to try them, see if hubby notices no eggs or oil.

69. oh goodie, I want to try this – it sounds cool. Ever since I read about a cola cake, I’ve been intrigued – these could be soo good!

70. trey smith says:

wow

71. Patricia delgado says:

This is such awesome info I’m going to try it with sugar free cake mix and diet coke!

72. Sharon Rooney says:

I am going to try this one. Sounds super easy.
    I wonder if you can use diet soda?

73. Creamsicle cake would be something that I think that my guys would eat! I’ve never heard of that, mixing cake and soda!

74. cylina williams says:

I love this idea, I would love to make some yummy muffins this way, I think I will give it a try!

75. Linda Manns Linneman says:

I am going to be trying some of these out myself. Sounds great. Thank you for sharing

76. I would have never thought of this, but it all sounds so heavenly, so irresistible. I am going to make this over the weekend.

77. angela smith says:

i’ve heard of people doing this.i’m just not clever enough to figure out which soda would go good with which cake flavor.i will have to try some of these

78. I saw this floating around on Facebook too. I think I’m going to have to try it and see how well soda works with cake mix.

79. Rachelle says:

This is really interesting! I might just have to try it out! 🙂

80. mycraftingworld says:

I was just talking about finding egg substitutes because of the price. This is perfect, thank you so much.

81. Lana Simanovicki says:

This is cool and interesting

82. Never tried it but always looking for easy to follow recipes and this sure fits.

83. vickie Couturier says:

sounds interesting,,certainly worth trying to see

84. Coolest suggestion for parties! Thanks for sharing. I need to print this out!

85. nice

86. John Thuku says:

I never knew you could make cake with soda. I wonder how that will taste. I will give it a try.

87. Richard Hicks says:

This is good to know when you discover you are missing eggs or oil when baking

88. I’ve never tried anything like this before. I’ll have to find a cake good for my favorite Cherry RC.

89. Claudia M says:

this would be so cool ! i pinned it so i can try it when i bake the next time. thanks for sharing!