I received this car for one week to review in exchange for sharing my honest opinion.
When you first hear the word “Lexus” you may think luxurious and expensive. After driving around the 2016 Lexus RX 350 SUV, I will say that while it is an expensive car, it is also an amazing ride. I’ve never associated Lexus with an SUV but it is basically what you’d expect from an SUV but kicked up a notch. The ride is so smooth and the features are ones that really make the car stand out.
- Huge and intuitive display screen – it actually measures 12.3 inches and you control it with a mouse-type switch. I found this was easier than touching the screen.
- F Sport Performance and styling – from the heated and ventilated seats to the tuned suspension in front and rear. The F Sport keeps it luxurious more race inspired.
- 10 airbags – yes 10! Basically there are airbags everywhere in the car.
- Vehicle theft-deterrent system with engine immobilizer
- Automatic headlamps and brights – I found that the Bright lights actually turned on by themselves and then off when it sensed another car!
- Tire specific pressure monitoring system – this lets you know if the tires are low so your prepared.
- Lexus Safety Connect: Automatic Collision Notification, Stolen Vehicle Location, Emergency Button (SOS) and Enhanced Roadside Assistance.
- Rain Sensing Wipers
- 9 Speaker Premium Display Audio System
- Backup and 360 degree camera so you can see all around you
- Power everything – From the windows to doors to even the steering wheel adjustments. Even the trunk!
- Reclining and sliding rear seats
- Push button start – this is pretty standard nowadays but always a perk to me!
- Your MPH and Direction goes on the windshield! This can be turned off but I found it convenient to not have to glance down to dashboard to see my speed.
So honestly I drove this SUV around for a week and I don’t think I even got to experience all the features. There was a button or feature for everything and it constantly surprised me with its features. It almost makes driving idiot-proof! My three kids fit perfectly in the backseat and loved all the room they had. I loved the driver display the best as it was so big and easy to see everything, especially when I split it into two screens. My husband loved how smooth the ride was, although it was a little too smooth as we were accidentally going 70 in a 40 mph zone! I will say if you want a SUV packed with luxury and features galore, this Lexus is definitely one to check out!
Here are some more fun pictures of the car:
Additional small storage. Not sure what I’d put in there but its nice to have.
Hard to see, but this is a deep middle front console. It also has two USB and AUX port in it.
The cup holder expands deeper when you click Push for travel mugs and water bottles for example.
Spare tire plus more storage:
First Aid Kit velcroed to side of trunk:
Port in trunk:
Love those car seat latches too!
Check out the 2016 Lexus RX 350 AWD F Sport to learn more.