I received a complimentary stay and discount in exchange for sharing my honest opinion.
With two huge LEGO fans in our house I have been waiting for the LEGOLAND Hotel to make it over to the East coast. It opened in California a few years ago but it wasn’t until last year that it opened in Florida, which is closer for my family.
Whether you are heading to LEGOLAND® Florida Theme Park and Water Park or just want to stay at an awesome hotel, LEGOLAND® Hotel is a must-visit. We recently took a trip to Orlando and rented a car from Disney Car Care to drive the 45 minutes to where the LEGOLAND® Hotel is. I wasn’t sure about if it would be worth it but I was curious to visit it while my kids are still young.
Why stay at the LEGOLAND® Hotel?
1. Free full buffet breakfast and we are not talking just a few items. This is a full breakfast bar with a make your own omelet station with homemade fresh salsa, pastries, hot items, cold items and more. The buffet filled us up we only needed a light lunch!
2. Exclusive Master Model Builder Sessions where your child gets to create something with guidance of a master builder. Our group made a hedgehog that each kid got to take home for free!
3. Early admission time to LEGOLAND® Theme Park (tickets sold separately) which is literally right outside the hotel door – no shuttle even required!
4. A treasure hunt in every room which ends in small LEGO kits for kids – again all this is included with your hotel cost.
5. Nightly LEGO building competitions
6. Nightly entertainment which includes dancing and kids acting out little plays
7. Access to the awesome heated pool with floating LEGO pieces to build with!
8. Coolest hotel decor I have ever seen – We stayed in a Kingdom room but there are other room designs to choose from including LEGO Friends for girl LEGO fans!
9. Separate kids room area complete with tv – which has a channel that plays the LEGO movie on repeat
Even some Duplos for kids to play with in the room:
I had to share a picture of the toilet too because it even comes with a kid-seat that is easily flipped down for kids!
10. Amazing staff that seemed to really enjoy their jobs – I didn’t encounter one staff member that wasn’t cheerful and helpful.
11. Coolest lobby I have ever seen which encourages kids to play! There is a huge trough of LEGOs for kids to build with and then display their creations on a shelf. Then right off the lobby is a kids play area which includes you guessed it, more LEGOs to build with plus a giant castle set for kids to play in that had fun things inside!
12. Free hotel parking – which also means free parking for LEGOLAND® Theme Park!
13. Disco Elevator! Yes everytime you ride an elevator there is a disco party inside!
14. Giant Whoopie Cushion in the floor! Yes you can step on a spot in the floor and experience a giant whoopie cushion!
15. LEGO characters in costume regularly walk around and hang with guests! From the lobby to breakfast, we had LEGO characters hang out with us!
Honestly the LEGOLAND® Hotel exceeded my expectations. It was an amazing family vacation for my family of five (which is how many people the rooms fit) and we will definitely be back. We had a day where we just hung out at the hotel and it was a blast from swimming in the pool to watching the LEGO movie to unwind and watching my kids play in the lobby. My kids did not want to leave! My kids are ages 4, 8 and 9 and they talk about those few days at LEGOLAND® Hotel as if we were there yesterday! It is truly a unique and fun hotel that if you are down in Orlando or nearby Winter Haven, Florida – I highly recommend a stay if you can make it work. It is an experience you are not going to forget!
I actually took this picture from the top of a ride from LEGOLAND® Theme Park:
Check out LEGOLAND® Hotel for yourself!
One LEGOLAND Way, Winter Haven, FL 33884
LEGOLAND® Florida Resort
Tel: (877) 350-5346