Chunky Monkey Whoopie Pies
Why buy Whoopie Pies when you can whip up some at home with ingredients you probably already have on hand! Customize them to holidays with different food colorings and sprinkles.
- 1 box Chocolate Cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
- 16 oz Heavy Cream
- 1 box (5 oz) Banana Creme Pudding mix
- 1/2 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped Walnuts
- 1/4 cup Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Beat together cake mix, eggs, water and oil for 2-3 minutes
- Either use a whoopie pan if you have one or line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Any size can be made, but the whoopie pan makes about a 3″ diameter circle.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Allow to cool.
- Whip heavy cream until soft peaks form.
- Whip in powdered sugar and pudding mix
- Generously spread topping over one side of whoopie pie.
- Place other side on top and gently press together.
- Garnish by sprinkling sides with walnuts and chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.