(Yield about 20-25 cookies)
- 1 1/4 cup Flour
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup softened Butter
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 cup softened Butter
- 1/4 cup Shortening
- 2 cup Powdered Sugar
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract
- Whisk together flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- Beat in the butter and egg until dough comes together.
- Place between 2 sheets of parchment paper and roll out to between 1/8 and 1/4 inch thick.
- Place in freezer for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Use a 2″ cookie cutter and make cookies.
- Place on parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 9 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Cream together butter, vanilla and sugar.
- Gradually beat in the sugar.
- Continue beating until fluffy.
- Transfer filling to piping bag with round tip.
- Pipe filling onto a cookie to nearly cover.
- Place another cookie on top of the filling and lightly press.