- 1 egg
- 1 cup Flake Coconut
- 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 24 uncooked large shrimp (1 lb.), peeled, deveined
- Sweet and Spicy Sauce:
- 4 Tbsp. Musselman Apple Butter
- 2 Tbsp. Honey Mustard (or Djion Mustard)
- 1 Tbsp. Sirachi or another hot sauce
- HEAT oven to 400ºF.
- BEAT egg in shallow bowl. Combine coconut and coating mix in separate bigger bowl.
- DIP shrimp in egg, then in coconut mixture, turning to evenly coat each shrimp. I smooshed it in too so it would be really coated. Place on baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray.
- BAKE 10 to 12 min. or until shrimp are tender. Meanwhile, microwave sauce mixture in bowl on HIGH 30 sec. or until heated through.
- SERVE shrimp with sauce.
I served this with white rice for dinner but it can also be made as an appetizer for a party!
I bought this bag of shrimp at Aldi for $3.99
Recipe adapted from Kraft