- 1 head cauliflower, cleaned and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup buttermilk - I didn't have buttermilk so I used 1 tablespoon white vinegar and the rest milk to make 1 cup and let it sit for 5 minutes.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt or garlic powder
- 1 cup buffalo sauce
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- For serving: Bleu cheese dressing, Ranch, celery, etc.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, flour, and garlic salt/powder, whisking until mostly smooth (some lumps are okay).
- Place the cauliflower in the bowl and lightly toss to completely coat with the buttermilk mixture.
- Place the cauliflower on a baking pan (or cookie sheet) and bake for about 15-18 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the buffalo sauce and the melted butter in a small bowl.
- Remove the hot cauliflower from the oven and pour the buffalo sauce mixture over it to coat it. I used tongs and dipped the cauliflower in the buffalo sauce mixture.
- Return the cauliflower to the oven and bake for another 5-8 minutes or so. Let cool slightly and serve immediately.
You may have noticed there is no chicken in this dish. It is a great vegetarian substitute for Buffalo Chicken!
Adapted from The Curvy Carrot