In the summer we try to incorporate as many fruits and vegetables from my parents garden as we can. We tried to garden ourselves but didn’t have luck and I really am not interested in gardening. This year we plan on trying out the Topsy Turvy for tomatoes and seeing how that goes.
To get us ready for tomato season, I was thrilled to find a recipe that included three of my favorite things: Mrs. Dash, tomatoes, and mozzarella. I have always been a fan of the Caprese Salad and since that really wouldn’t fill me up for dinner, adding some chicken would really be a great way to get the nutrition I need without sacrificing taste!
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 30 min
Ready In: 45 min
- 2 Tbsp. Mrs. Dash® Tomato Basil Garlic Blend
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 8 cherry tomatoes, cut in quarters
- 4 low fat tiny mozzarella balls, cut in quarters
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. red wine vinegar
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Spray a 9 x 9 x 2 inch baking tray with cooking spray.
- Toss tomatoes with 1 Tbsp. of Mrs. Dash® Tomato Basil Garlic Blend.
- Lightly flatten each breast to 1/4 inch thickness. Place tomatoes and four quarters of mozzarella ball on each chicken breast. Roll up and secure with a toothpick.
- Place breasts on baking tray. Drizzle with the olive oil, vinegar and remaining 1 Tbsp. of Mrs. Dash® Tomato Basil Garlic Blend.
- Bake for about 30 minutes. Remove from oven, cover lightly with foil and let rest for 10 minutes.
So my husband actually made the Chicken Caprese for me and it was delicious! We didn’t have the red wine vinegar the recipe called for it was still a great dish. Next time though I will definitely be adding some Italian Dressing since the chicken was a little dry. The Mrs. Dash Tomato Basil Garlic Blend seasoning was perfect though and was just the right mix of seasonings. What I love most about Mrs. Dash is that I don’t have to worry about blending my own spices, which I am terrible at, and Mrs. Dash is sodium free. Since I have high blood pressure I worry about my sodium intake and with Mrs. Dash I can get the flavor I need and my salt-fix!
Here are some other recipes I found that include Mrs. Dash that I am anxious to try out:
Honey Glazed Carrots
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time : 10 min
Ready In: 20 min
1 1/2 Tbsp. Mrs. Dash® Original Blend
3 carrots, peeled, cut into 2 inch by 1/2 inch strips
1 tsp. ginger, grated
2 Tbsp. dark raisins, soaked in 3 Tbsp. water
1 tsp. honey
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1. Heat a 6-7 inch sauté pan to medium.
2. Add olive oil. Sauté carrots lightly until just under crisp. Remove to bowl and reserve.
3. Add raisins with the water, ginger, honey and Mrs. Dash® Original Blend. Stir.
4. Add carrots and reheat.
Beef and Vegetable Kabob
Prep Time: 30 min
Cook Time : 10 min
Ready In: 40 min
2 Tbsp. Mrs. Dash® Original Blend
1 lb. beef sirloin, cut into 1 1/2 inch chunks
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1/4 red onion cut into wedges, then in half and separated
1/2 lb. whole mushrooms, stems removed and chopped
2 cloves garlic, slivered
8 cherry tomatoes
1. Marinate the meat with Mrs. Dash® Original Blend, garlic, onions, tomatoes and mushrooms for 30 minutes.
2. Heat grill or cast iron grill plate. Spray with cooking spray.
3. Skewer meat rotating with onion, tomato and mushroom. Brush with olive oil.
4. Grill brochettes about 6-8 minutes to desired degree of doneness.
VISIT: Check out the Mrs. Dash website to check out all the flavors and for recipes!
Mom and More Disclosure: I wrote this review while participating in a campaign by Mom Central Consulting on behalf of Mrs. Dash and received a gift certificate to thank me for taking the time to participate.