I received product/compensation in exchange for sharing my honest opinion.
Learning to fold simple paper models is just the beginning in Origami Games for Kids! Children of all ages can enjoy playing 15 interactive games with their finished origami crafts. The paper models can be used to play 15 simple but highly entertaining games that will keep children engaged for hours, and allow them to collaborate as well as compete.
It only takes a minute or two to fold up each game piece, and then you can use them to play the following exciting games:
- Balancing Act—Who can keep the spinning wing balanced on the pyramid longer?
- Basket Bombs—Shoot the ball through the hoop using the catapult!
- Bowl ‘Em Over—How many bowling pins can you knock down at one time?
- Can You Top This?—Build a tower of triangle chips as high as you can!
- Chip Toss—How many triangle chips can you juggle between two inverted pyramids?
- Fill ‘Er Up—Who can flip the most balls into the box using the dragon’s nose?
- Football—Scoot the football in between the goal posts to score!
- Frog Olympics—Spring the frog into, over or on top of the box!
- Ghost Dodgers—Can you slide a triangle chip under the ghost without knocking it over?
- Leap Frog—Keep the leaping frog leaping as long as possible!
- Pick Up Chips—Carefully remove the triangle chips one at a time without jostling the adjacent ones!
- Slay the Dragon—Take turns launching footballs at the dragon on the goal post until he’s knocked down!
- Snap Dragon—Slide a penny under your opponent’s dragon without getting “pinched!”
- Stormy Seas—Who can blow the sailboat from one end of the path to the other in the shortest time?
- Timber!—Stack as many sheets as possible on top of the “tree” before it falls over!
These games will appeal to kids of all ages and personalities. Beyond having fun, origami engages children’s minds with the physical world—allowing them to make discoveries and solve problems. Research shows that origami stimulates the logical and creative sides of the brain, so both zones are actively engaged when folding. It also teaches the basics of geometry and has concrete benefits for developing minds.
This kit contains:
- A full-color 48-page origami instruction book
- 48 sheets of high-quality, double-sided origami paper
- 15 different paper models used to play 15 exciting games
- Over 50 colorful stickers to decorate the models
This is such a great book to extend just building origami creations. Not only do you get visual instructions to build origami creations but you also get find instructions to play games. There is a lot packed in this book and my 10-year-old had no issues at all with it. He loves origami but has only made some animals before, this book has ways to extend those animals and more into games! Definitely fun for any new or old origami creator lover.
BUY IT: Look for Origami Games for Kids on Amazon or wherever books are sold.
WIN IT: (1) US winner will receive the Book “Origami Games for Kids”
Need help entering a giveaway? Check out my blog post for some help!
GIVEAWAY ENTRY:a Rafflecopter giveaway