I received compensation/product in exchange for sharing my honest opinion.
I feel like with each of my kids,
While I try to help my daughter practice her math and reading at home, I am not always able to give her undivided attention. Luckily there are so many great apps out there that are perfect for keeping kids in line with today’s expectations.
Wonster Words is an app that my daughter has actually been using for a few years now and she continues to use thanks to updates. The app was actually inspired by Sesame Street and has become an award-winning iOS & Android game that helps kids to learn to sound out words. As a parent, I love how Wonster Words makes spelling and phonics fun enough that my daughter has yet to get bored with it!
The award-winning app was designed to help kids learn to sound out word families and 44 of the most common phonemes. The app uses animated letters that kids can listen to and play games with to sound out the phonics, gliding vowels and consonant blends. Once the words are complete, a short animation and mini-game help drill in the letter sounds.
New for 2018 in the Wonster Words app:
- Brand new short stories
- 5 new story packs boasting over 40 new words and original animations
- 5 new letter-based minigames
- Introducing the interactive Wonster Island, an entirely new User Experience!!
- New educational biomes cover Phonics, Stories, Math, Science, Art and Music
- New engaging mini-games that reinforce puzzle topics
- 5 new original scores and silly ambiance throughout the app
- Vowels coming soon!
Some Wonster Worlds Features:
- Silly monsters introduce words in fun and engaging ways
- Short silly stories are used to explain what words mean – perfect too for teaching new ways of saying different words.
- Fun minigames with the monsters are perfect to give kids a break but still keep them interested in the app.
- So many words and stories to listen to and practice on. My daughter loves to discover new words or just get extra practice on old ones. There are no quizzes either to worry about, this app is truly about learning in a fun way.
We love Wonster Words!
My 7 year old is still learning from this app and now with the new updates of words and stories, she has a lot more to discover. Phonics and spelling is something that really