Brand identity is the set of features that define the values and mission of a business. The company logo, the design of the products and the ethics of the business itself, for example, are elements that are part of the brand and its identity.
In this list, we collect 10 essential elements to build the personality of the company:
1. Essence: The essence of the brand must be the personification of the company itself. So, it should express the emotions that you want customers to experience when interacting.
2. Mission: The mission is the true purpose of the company. It should be simple and direct, but also motivating for both employees and customers.
3. Vision: The vision describes the way in which the company perceives the future. I mean, how far do you want to go? It should be inspiring and contemplate the aspirations and the way in which the objectives are achieved.
4. Objectives: All companies must establish certain basic objectives. Through these objectives it will be possible to decide how the company is perceived and described.
5. Emotions: Emotions are very important in any branding campaign. Emotions have a great capacity for persuasion, they hook the audience. It is important that brands tell a story and that they do so by appealing to the emotions of their customers.
6. Value proposition: Value propositions are the benefits that make products and services unique.
7. Voice: A brand must have its own voice and personality. These elements are reflected in the way the brand communicates, behaves and is perceived by customers. Some brands are fun, others serious and elegant, and some have a hooligan voice. It all depends on the target audience and how the brand wants to be perceived.
8. Simplicity: The brand and identity should be simple. It is very important that it is easy to understand and avoid confusing the audience.
9. Target audience: It is very important that brands know their audience. They must identify tastes, behavior patterns, voice and style.
10. Consistency: Ultimately, all elements of the brand identity must be consistent. Without cohesion, customers will not be able to understand the brand and therefore a relationship of appreciation will not be created. Each element of the brand identity must be consistent with the others and form a whole.
Here are 5 steps to create your brand identity
Define the personality of your brand: Base on the values it represents and which will be like a promise to the customer. You have to define what the product or service does for the customer. A successful brand generates an emotional bond that contributes to greater customer loyalty and the identity includes the logo, colors, slogans (it is advisable to ask customers and get advice from professionals) and design elements, mainly. It is important that you know how to differentiate yourself from the competition.
Use professional tools: Your brand identity is your business card. It is like your personal image so take care of it as it deserves and use tools that allow you to have the best possible result. Even so, it is always advisable to turn to design professionals.
It works to achieve recognition: For this, it takes care of all possible aspects, such as packaging, containers, presentations, premises, etc. Not to mention that all communications, both verbal and written, and especially if they are promotional, should be consistent with the brand identity.
Have someone take care of the brand identity: Through a guide that all company staff should know, to prevent employees, such as sales, from confusing customers by not respecting the values and visible elements of the brand.
The power of brand identity: In the long run, marketing is a battle of perceptions, therefore it is essential that your service or product stands out and differentiates itself from the rest of the competition. Your success depends largely on it, and above all on whether you can deliver on what your brand identity promises.
Creating a brand identity is not easy, but it is something basic for any business. It is something that all large companies attach great importance when building their brand. So, it is really important to know how do you create a brand identity.