I received product in exchange for sharing my honest opinion.
When I was in my first year of college I remember finally having enough money saved to buy myself a nice computer. Finally the day came when my giant cow box (the PCs came in spotted cow-looking boxes) arrived that computer from Gateway got me thru college.
Gateway has always been known as budget-friendly and well-made and now after a break they have come back stronger than ever with a new line of products, including laptops and tablets. The new products offer style, performance and value for all customers – including students and gamers. In a partnership with Intel, Gateway created three stylish lines of laptops and two new tablets in various colors, sizes and performance levels – of course arriving the familiar cow-spotted boxes.
I got the new Gateway 15.6″ Creators Series Laptop and my 12-year-old has been rocking e-learning and gaming.
I was torn between a computer for him to do just his schoolwork on but also be strong enough to handle the power-hungry games he plays. While most of games ran on his old laptop, he was started to get lag on games and the pictures were not as good as the games should be. Plus, he was going to be using a computer so many hours a day now between school and gaming since there is nothing else to do or place to go after school now.
Here are 10 features of the new Gateway Creator Series Laptop:
- Windows 10 – While this is pretty standard for PCs, I am loving the ease of use and customization abilities it offers.
- Powerful – This laptop has handled online gaming (like Fortnite, Roblox and Minecraft so far) and that uses a lot of memory and speed. The processor is 10th Generation Intel Core based.
- Crisp Graphics – My son is super impressed with the games he plays and how amazing they look, so much better than his old laptop. The graphics card is a NVIDIA GeForce RTX. The laptop is also loaded with GeForce Experience which optimizes games automatically, lets you stream gameplay, apply filters to games and more for the ultimate gaming experience.
- 15.6 inch screen size – It is not too big that its awkward to carry around but not too small that you can’t game on it comfortably.
- HD Webcam and Microphone – This has been amazing for e-learning as the quality is better than expected. I didn’t think webcams were different but this definitely looks crisp and not grainy.
- 5-hour run time – I admit I’d prefer more running time but this laptop does perform like a beast which I am sure is what drains the battery. My son keeps this laptop charged in all the time so that is not an issue for him.
- THX® Spatial Audio – This enhances stereo and surround sound to intensify sound for the environment. My son says he feels like he is inside the game while playing.
- 10th Gen Intel® Core™ i5 – This is the brain of the computer and helps it run faster and adapt to what you are doing so it doesn’t get overloaded. This is a must-have for fast multi-tasking and labor-intensive gaming.
- Solid State Drive – This hard drive is not only huge in what it can hold (which is awesome because games are getting bigger in size) but solid-state drives keep the data more stable instead of spinning around. This basically keeps the hard drive from crashing like they used to.
- So many ports for every need and occasion – HDMI, two Mini Display ports, an Ethernet Port, a USB Type-C, two USB 3.1 ports, a Micro SD slot, and even a Kensington lock for security. My son does dual-monitor with this, connects headphones, a Bluetooth mouse and more. I love that it has an Ethernet Port because not many laptops have that anymore and sometimes you just need to plug in for better internet.
Honestly, this new laptop from Gateway has really impressed me. My son has been pricing out laptops and PCs for awhile now and they were well over $2000. For half that price he was able to get exactly what he needed. I am so glad Gateway is back and that they didn’t loose their budget-friendly aspect by sacrificing quality. This is a great compromise when you need a laptop for school and fun!
Check out Gateway PCs and more
Shop Gateway’s new lines of laptops and tablets exclusively at Walmart.com/gateway.