This post contains affiliate links.
I partnered with The Unofficial Disney Parks Cookbook and have this great recipe for Blue Milk to share! This is a great way to bring the magic of Disney home!
Find Blue Milk in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, Disney’s Hollywood Studios
It was a unique challenge for the designers of Galaxy’s Edge to create a flavor to match the iconic look of Blue Milk from the Star Wars movies. Instead of coming up with something predictable—like a milk flavor—they swung the other direction and dreamed up a flavor no one would expect! This fruity, slushy drink has been a go-to at the park ever since.
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1⁄2 cup rice milk
- 1⁄2 cup canned coconut milk
- 1⁄2 cup passion fruit juice
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon watermelon syrup
- 2 drops blue gel food Coloring
1. In a blender, add all ingredients and blend until smooth.
2. Pour into an ice cream machine. Follow manufacturer’s instructions and run about 8 minutes until slushy. Enjoy immediately.
DID YOU KNOW?
Mark Hamill (the actor who played Luke Skywalker) said the Blue Milk they used on set for Star Wars: A New Hope was shelf-stable milk and triggered his gag reflex. This version is far more palatable!
Excerpted from The Unofficial Disney Parks Cookbook by Ashley Craft. Copyright © 2020 by Simon & Schuster, Inc. Photography by Harper Point Photography. Used with permission of the publisher, Adams Media, an imprint of Simon & Schuster. All rights reserved.