I received product/compensation in exchange for sharing my honest opinion.
Before kids my husband and I played board and card games all the time and couldn’t wait to play them with our kids. Finding a game though we could all enjoy has always been a challenge as my kids range from 10-14 years old plus I want it to appeal to us as well. While I love board games with kids, card games are great because they take up less space and can be thrown in a bag for on-the-go fun.
Stack The Scoops is a family card game that is geared toward family fun with kids ages 5 and up, plus it features making ice cream treats and who doesn’t love ice cream!
What makes Stack The Scoops so great?
- Geared towards ages 5-10 and up with a minimum of 2 players (no maximum amount)
- Has silly cards that will make your family smile like bacon toppings for ice cream
- Small enough to take with you or store out of sight
- Features decision making of where to put the card to maximize your points
- Math skills used to add up points, but they are easy numbers to add up
- No reading required
- Emphasizes Strategy, Multiplication, Addition and Probability
- Color matching
- Make up your own rules as well
- Expansion pack of cards for deck coming out
- Play a quick round or set an amount where the player has to reach a certain total
We lost power last week and I broke out this game for some family fun. It was a hit with all of us and I loved that all five of us could play – most games are for only up to four players. We had a blast with the game and I love how we could easily change up the rules to what works for us. The game is really easy but could be challenging and you can easily make it last as long or little as you want. The instructions are not complicated either with crazy rules or guidelines to follow. I honestly have passed up games before because I couldn’t get past the instructions. Really is a good family game but beware your family will ask for ice cream afterwards!