I received this product in exchange for sharing my honest opinion.
My 13-year-old is in boy scouts and now that he is getting older and camping more, he has been asking for new gear. Every year for his birthday or Christmas we now buy him various things he will need. Last year was a sleeping bag, lantern and hammock to name a few and this year he is just starting to work on his “wants” list.
One item though that he didn’t think of that I did is bug repellent clothing. Every year for summer camp we spray his clothes really well with a DEET spray but I still worry it is not enough or we missed something. I also worry about the other camps he goes to where we don’t spray everything.
The Faran Sport t-shirt was rated “Best Bug-Repelling Tee” by Outside magazine so I figured it was a good one to start with.
What features does the Faran sports shirt offer?
- Tested and proven, EPA-registered Insect Shield® Repellent Technology lasts through 70 launderings – the expected lifetime of most garments. – This is awesome because sprays usually only last a few washes.
- Protects against bugs, such as mosquitos and ticks and the diseases they carry, including the Zika and West Nile Viruses, Lyme Disease and Dengue Fever.
- 40+ UPF sun protection
- Moisture wicking 100% Natural Stretch DrýTru Polyester
- Wrinkle free and easy care in the washing machine
- Semi-fitted athletic cut
- Crew neck with covered stitch seams
- Sizes from Small to 3XL
I got this for my son and now my husband wants one of course. He hasn’t worn yet out for the purpose of bug repellent yet because of the cold weather but as far as comfort goes, this shirt feels nice and my husband said its comfy. It is not cotton material that sticks to you either but rather lose polyester material that pulls away sweat. The shirt is around $30 and worth to have for hikes or just outdoor activities thanks to the UPF protection.
Get the Best Bug-Repelling Tee
Check out the Faran Sport Shirt from North Fork Gear.